I love the smell of UnrealEd crashing in the morning. – tarquin
Legacy:3D Studio Max
From Unreal Wiki, The Unreal Engine Documentation Site
 3D Studio Max Grid
It's easy to set your grid in 3D Studio Max to match the grid in UnrealED. Under Customize -> Grid and Snap Settings, goto the "Home Grid" tab. Under grid spacing, set it match UnrealEd's. The default is 10. Setting it to 16 will make it 16 units in UnrealEd. You can plug in whatever you please.
UArch: does 3dsmax have a "snap vertexes to nearest gridpoint" feature, from what ive been able to find out, apparently not...any maxscript pros able to make a small script to do this? i would have expected it to be a standard feature but i cant seem to find such a thing :)
Canstein: If you right click on the snap tool you will get the options for snapping. One of the check boxes is grid. Now when you select a vertex you can move it around from grid point to grid point. If the grid is hidden just press G. Note: I would also turn on vertex snapping. This way you can grab a whole object by a vertex and snap it to the grid at that vertex point instead of doing it one vertex at a time.
- 3DSMax Character model source for UT2003 - This is a must have if you're thinking of making models for Unreal Tournament 2003 with 3DSMax
- Wireframe skin textures - Wireframe images extracted from the 3DSMax character models skin textures for easier skin creation
 Related Topics
- Topics On Modeling
- 3D Studio Max Weapon Modeling And Import
- 3D Studio Max Advanced Texturing
- 3ds2unr Convert .3ds model files to Unreal format
- Beginner's Guide to the Edit Mesh Modifier
- Eeroks Plugin for Max 3.xx Tutorial on exporting models/animations from 3D Studio Max 3.xx and importing them into UT