Once I get that upgrade to 36-hour days, I will tackle that. – Mychaeel
This is the hub page for anything about lighting in maps.
(UT stuff follows, needs updating & sorting)
- The Light (UT), Light actor and its subclasses
- Light properties are set at the actor level under Actor (UT)/Lighting, Actor/Lighting .
- Lighting Basics
- Examples of Colors
- Using Zonelight to provide ambient light to a whole unzoned level or a zoned subsection of a level.
- using special lit & unlit surfaces
- the Lightbox decoration. Have DrawScale settings to make it line up perfectly to the more popular light textures.
- Lightmap Errors
Obviously there'll be crossover from dynamics here.
- triggered lights
- worth mentioning here (and under sound too) the cunning trick of using TriggerLight to make triggered sounds that use a looped sound.
- dynamic lights
- Scripted Light Shows
- the TriggerLight class spec
- Movable Lights – How to make a light movable! By: ZxAnPhOrIaN
- Bloom – lunticular halos in UT2004.
- How to create (true and fake) fog
- A Corona is a texture that looks like a flare and is applied at the light source. Its size is always the same relative to the screen. The effect often mistakenly called a "Lens Flare".
- palette loop modulation
- modulated light
Feel free to reorganize things, suggest new topics to cover and start new pages.
- this page should become Topics on Lighting
- those page names should be truncated
- they should all be renamed to something different such as topicname Hub.
I vote for #1.
- Neh. Add that as a sub-title if you want, but the current title makes perfect sense. “Light” will give you the actor, while “Lighting” will give you a list info on “unreal engine lighting” in general.
- Dear Lord I hope not! Truncated names incur confusion. Complete words are easier to remember. Some people prefer to simply type the page’s name in the address bar, instead of mindlessly navigating through multiple pages.
- I ‘would’ agree, if was a series of articles (such as: How_UT2003_Weapons_Work), but it’s not. Further more, individual pages may have multiple places it could belong to. Adding some kind of suffix-title would be impossible for all circumstances. Regardless, it’s best to keep things simple anyway.
Do we need a “How to” page about creating hubs (like this one) for the Unreal Wiki?
Tarquin: See Guidelines On Page Creation.