I search for solutions in this order: Past Code, Unreal Source, Wiki, BUF, groups.yahoo, google, screaming at monitor. – RegularX
Perl (Practical Extraction and Report Language, or Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister), a powerful, general-purpose scripting language that is, among a lot of other things, well-suited for CGI applications. Originates from the Unix platform, but is now available for almost any conceivable other platform too.
The latest released version is Perl 5.8.0.
- CPAN – Comprehensive Perl Archive Network, your primary source for everything Perl-related.
- Perl Mongers – Home of the Perl advocacy people.
- Perl.com – O'Reilly's Perl homepage. (O'Reilly is the publisher of the Camel Book, officially known as Programming Perl, a must-have-read for any Perl programmer.)
- ActiveState – Maintaining and distributing the Windows port of Perl.
- Perl 6 – The website for the next version of Perl (Perl6).
- Parrot – Parrot will be the virtual machine for Perl6, but it is in fact language agnostic. Parrot already runs a few languages including BASIC, Cola (which as I understand it, is a slight variant on C), Jako, and Perl6 (well it runs as much of Perl6 as what has been thought up of it).