I search for solutions in this order: Past Code, Unreal Source, Wiki, BUF, groups.yahoo, google, screaming at monitor. – RegularX
The toolbox is on the left-hand side of the UnrealEd Interface.
In UnrealEd 2 and newer versions, the toolbox is divided into groups, each of which can be collapsed down. It is scrollable, but in UnrealEd 3 the scrollbar is very narrow and is easily missed.
These are "tools" in the classic sense: they alter the behavior of the mouse cursor. The modes group:
- Camera Movement mode: navigate around the map, move objects. Simple rotation is available in this mode too.
- Vertex editing mode
- Brush scaling mode
- Brush rotate mode
- Texture pan mode
- Texture rotate mode
- Brush clipping mode
- Polygon drawing mode
- Face drag mode. In older versions of the editor, activated by typing "MODE FACEDRAG" into the console.
- Terrain mode
- Matinee mode
There are also several modes that do not have toolbox icons, due to being experimental or buggy. See binding editor commands for how to access them more easily.
- brush sheer mode
- Geometry mode – "MODE GEOMETRY" (anyone know what this is supposed to do? I can't get anything out of it!
Brush Clipping Group
These are commands that work with brush clipping mode.
Brush Operations Group
These are commands that modify the map architecture:
- Add: create a new additive brush from the red builder brush
- Subtract: create a new subtractive brush from the red builder brush (see CSG and Unreal Geometry)
- Add Special Brush
- Add StaticMesh
- Add Mover: see Create a mover and Mover Topics.
- Add an Antiportal
- Add a Volume
Hides and shows actors. more.... Hiding Actors
Contains buttons which are defined by the user. See Custom Toolbox Buttons.