I search for solutions in this order: Past Code, Unreal Source, Wiki, BUF, groups.yahoo, google, screaming at monitor. – RegularX
Legacy:Unreal Tournament 2003
|Publisher||Atari (Formerly known as Infograms)|
|Release Date||October 2002|
Mac OS X
|Official Web Site||http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/|
Mac OS X
|Latest Patch||Version 2225 – 23rd April 2003
Mac OS X
|Unreal Engine Version||[[Unreal Engine Versions/2||Unreal Engine 2.0]]|
|UnrealEd Version||[[UnrealEd Versions||UnrealEd 3]]|
- 1 Description
- 2 System Requirements
- 3 Downloads
- 4 Useful information
- 5 Related Topics
- 6 Discussion
- 7 Needs Relocated
Unreal Tournament 2003 or UT2003 is a first-person shooter video game designed mainly for multiplayer gaming although the game had a built in single-player mode that mimics multiplayer gaming by featuring AI-bots.
Other Games in the Series
- Operating System
- WIN 98/ME/2000/XP/Linux
- Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733MHz processor (Pentium® or AMD 1.0 GHz or greater RECOMMENDED)
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM or greater RECOMMENDED)
- Hard Disk Space
- 3 GB
- CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM
- Audio System
- Windows® compatible sound card (Sound Blaster® Audigy™ series sound card RECOMMENDED) (NVIDIA® nForce™ or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. Also RECOMMENDED)
- Video System
- 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX® version 6 compliant video card. (NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX® version 8.1 (Included on game disc) (OpenGL® for Linux)
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem
- Bright Skins Mod (Requires version 2225)
- Epic Bonus Pack (Requires version 2199+)
- Digital Extremes Bonus Pack (Requires version 2166+)
- Community Bonus Pack (Requires version 2225)
Which version do I have?
How to tell which version you're patched to:
- While running UT2003
- upper right corner of the News Tab in the Server Browser
- After running UT2003
- [FirstRun] section of UT2003.ini or the top of UT2003.log
- UT2003 Troubleshooting FAQ
- Unreal Engine 2.0
- Running a Dedicated Server with UCC
- UT2003 Wiki Content – Information on creating UT2003 content on this wiki.
Tarquin: is there a list of command line parameters anywhere?
Evilmrfrank: Im almost positive that when converting a map you can also directly copy and paste the lights, ambient sound actors, path nodes, player starts, zone info actor(water, lava and other zones will not work because UT2003 does not have these).
The match countdown
Remove this with the UT2003 InstantStart Mutator.
Converting UT maps
- Load the UT map in UnrealEd 2
- Do Brush Context Menu -> Select -> select all brushes
- Do Transform permanently on the whole selection (because rotation & scaling data is not understood by UEd 3)
- Do Edit -> Copy
- in UEd 3, do Edit -> Paste (you can run both UEds at the same time with 128MB of RAM. You can also paste to a text editor for later re-use)
- Rebuild. All surfaces will show the default texture.
Other actors may convert across also, it's worth experimenting one by one to see. Post details here :)
The old texture packages are compbatible with the new ones, do a Texture Cull, then copy all the used textures to your /ut2003/texture folder, then when you rebuild, all the textures SHOULD be there, but I havn't tested it buy converting a map.
The old sound files are combatible with the new ones to.