Gah - a solution with more questions. – EntropicLqd
Message Of The Day
I am looking for experienced Unreal Engine programmers to extend my Orlando/Florida based team of software engineers. Strong knowledge in Unreal Script is a must, experience in C++ and Unreal native coding is a plus. I may be looking for one or two paid interns as well, so if you're interested, please drop me a line, including your resume and/or samples of your previous Unreal Engine related programming work!
At this time, only US-citizens are considered.
- Author - Gerke 'j3rky' Preussner
- Homepage - http://www.gerke-preussner.de
- Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UnrealScript & Native Coding
- Level Editing & Texture Creation
- Technical Lead, Anteon Corp, Programming Unreal Engine based military training simulators
Note To Self
- PostRender() is called once when the level is rendered to precache everything. This happens before script objects are initialized and may lead to unexpected behaviour if code inside PostRender() depends on Default_Properties or other objects.
- Pawn animations won't show up if Acceleration is zero - just setting a Velocity is not sufficient.
- PerObjectConfig for native classes won't save the class name, only the object name.
- Strings inside structured config vars (see Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files) should be quoted, otherwise the INI file parser may interprete the rest of the line as the string value.
- Unlike variables, functions cannot be multicasted from the server to all clients - they are replicated to the owner client only.
- Replicating functions with more than 3 parameters is very slow; use a struct instead.
- The y-axis indicator for the top-view in UED points into the wrong direction - up is negative y.
- Don't forget to add the ServerPackages in the INI or else the actors won't be replicated to clients.
- Don't forget to add replication block even for nativereplication or else there won't be actor channels for replicated properties.
- Wormbo: Hi and welcome to the Wiki! :D
- Jan: Hi j3rky, nice to see here. ;)
- j3rky: Hey guys... after using the Wiki for many months, i thought it might be the time to share some knowledge as well ;)