Gah - a solution with more questions. – EntropicLqd
Hello, I'm Xhiris, or at least that's the name I use online.
I've just started messing with the Unreal engine in earnest, mainly trying to understand the classes of DeusEx.
Things I'd like to try:
- Export Unreal class objects to XML,
- I'm trying this with DeusEx Conversation objects now - hopefully to get some sense of how it fits together.
- Figure out how to enumerate properties of Unrealscript classes, and find out if Unrealscript reflection is possible.
And ideas specific to DeusEx:
- Refactor the codebase
- Remove the multiplayer code, or possibly split it out to a new object heirarchy
- Create useful objects to use in levels
- An Elevator Control panel like the Keypad objects, pops up in the HUD with controls for level, doors, alarm, etc.
I've only just started, so maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew. Nonetheless, It's going to be fun trying!
(see also Legacy:Xhiris/Developer Journal
* Legacy:Xhiris/Xenithia a "world" I'm working on building. No coherent story - yet! * Messing with Deus Ex Conversations * Learning UnrealScript and the Deus Ex codebase by trying to refactor it * XML tools for UnrealScript * Code generation within UnrealScript, maybe?
All spam will be sent to the bit bucket with extreme prejudice.
EntropicLqd: Welcome to the Wiki. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Tarquin: Hello and welcome :)
TRM: Heya Xhiris, check ya email. :)