The three virtues of a programmer: Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris. – Larry Wall
Works with the ElevatorMover. A special trigger actor is required because it must send extra information to the mover: which key to move to.
However, this class has a drawback: it only responds to proximity and can't be triggered itself. ElevatorTriggerPlus provides a fix.
Create a large room that will have an elevator
- Subtract a room 512x512x512, light and texture it as you like.
- Create a new brush 16x128x128. Place this at floor level in the middle of the room.
- Press the right mouse button on the "Add mover" button (found under the brush buttons to the left of the editor) and select "ElevatorMover". A purple framed mover should appear, replacing the brush you just created.
- Press the right mouse button on the elevator and select:
- Key 1
- Move the elevator up to around the middle of the room .
- Press the right mouse button on the elevator again and select:
- Key 0
The elevator should move back to floor level and this is the position we want it to start in.
- Right click on the mover/elevator to bring up properties. Under "Object" and "InitalState" it is set to "BumpOpenTimed". Change to "StandOpenTimed". Close the properties window.
- If you want to test it add a playerstart and rebuild.
- To change textures, press the right mouse button on the elevator and select:
- Show polys