Worst-case scenario: the UEd Goblin wipes the map and burns down your house.
The Unreal Wiki is making tentative inroads to acting as repository of open source UnrealScript. It's been pointed out that open source stuff might be better running on a different script with different features, which could run alongside the Wiki script on this site. If you are interested in the creation or adaptation of such a script, make yourself known here or on Project Aims and Project Discussion.
There are a lot of misconceptions about Open Source going around. One of them is that Open Source would be free of copyright; it's not, and far from it. Every bit of Open Source software is copyrighted and comes with a license. Sometimes that license says that you can use the code at will. In any case, you're bound to adhere to whatever licensing terms come with the code. The individual original authors of the samples listed below might have different stances on that, so read the accompanying statements carefully.
See also: Wiki:OpenSource
- DelayedTeleporter – Teleporter that prevents telefrags by delaying the next teleportation
- ExplosionChain – Script for a RepeatExplosionChain class that can be triggered several times.
- MultiSkyboxZoneInfo (UT2003 and UT) – Zxan's first fully-functional map component.
- Scripting Movers – New mover classes
- TimedTrigger (UT2003) – Extended implementation of TimedTrigger (UT) for UT2003.
- TouchableObjective (UT2003) – GameObjective that must be touched to be disabled.
- YawTeleporter – Teleporter that makes Pawn (UT)s face in a fixed direction after teleporting.
- BinarySearch – Fast array searching algorithm.
- Color Selection Dialog For GUI-configurable colors
- CRC32 – Checksums in UnrealScript
- EnhancedItems (UT) – package with new features for weapons, pickups, mutators and many other classes
- EWindow (UT) – package with many usefull UWindow enhancements
- Hit Prediction (UT200x) – Lag Compensation for hitscan weapons, similar to the one seen in Valve's Half-Life.
- HLS to RGB Conversion – Convert between color systems
- Insertion Sort – Sorting algorithm for smaller or already partially sorted arrays.
- Interaction – How to use Interactions in UT2003
- LibHTTP (UT200x) – Easy to package to retrieve data from webservers
- MapToHUD – Converts world coordinates to screen coordinates
- MaskedCompare – comparing using wildcards
- OS Detection – Detecting the operating system UT is running on.
- Projectile Aiming – Determines the ideal firing rotation of a projectile to hit a target.
- RegularEngine (UT2004) – Generic framework for developing class-based or campaign based mods
- RGB to HLS conversion – Function to convert between colour systems
- RSA (UT200x) – RSA encryption
- Sessions (UT200x) – storing session variables
- TABname Completion – For UTConsole deritives; allows mIRC-style TAB-press completion of player's names.
- Tokenizer (UT200x) – General purpose tokenizer to be used in parsers
- QuickSort – Fast array sorting algorithm.
- Ultimate FlashLight 2k3 (UT200x) – A flashlight script for UT2003 using both a dynamic projector and light
- Useful Maths functions
- Useful Mutator Functions
- Useful String functions
- Useful UWindow Extensions – Some extensions for the UWindow system
- WebDownload – creating a HTTP client to retreive info from the internet
- wUtils (UT200x) – large collection of usefull methods
- Image Conversion – a very quick, simple program to convert textures