I don't need to test my programs. I have an error-correcting modem.
- 1 About Me
- 2 Custom actors
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tools/add-ons
- 4.1 [UT/U1]RParticles
- 4.2 [UT]RvMp3Player (no longer supported)
- 4.3 [UT/Rune]RMusicPlayer (beta)
- 4.4 [UT]RRender
- 4.5 [UT]Winamp controller
- 4.6 [UT]RSkeletalMeshEx (beta)
- 4.7 [UT]Merge DXT
- 4.8 [UT/U1 (227)/Rune]UEngine Preprocessor Commandlet
- 4.9 [UT/U1]UnrealEngine 1 PreProcessor (no longer supported)
- tdc.raven at gmail.com
- Programming languages
- Unreal Script
Hi, I'm Raven and I mainly code in Unreal Script and PHP. Currently I'm coding for The Chosen One, Battle For NaPali (on hold) and Residual Decay.
- MCloudZone - cloud zone for CTF (doesn't destroy flags)
- Authorizer - key trigger
- RJumpPad - jump pad for classic Unreal Tournament'99. By defining jump target, actor calculates jump velocity.
[UT]The Chosen One
link: The Chosen One
Basically, it is an FPS, RPG elements are included (with a major influence to the gameplay), but still it's FPS. Experience points are given mostly for completing quests (primary & secondary), their amount depends on the importance of the quest completed. Also, experience is increased for eliminating enemies. This also depends on the adversary's rank - the amount of experience points granted for the kills is very small in comparison to quest awards - it helps, when the player needs little experience to gain a level.
Another major feature is spell casting. Not the idea itself, which already made an appearance in Nali Chronicles, but the spells themselves and the effects caused by using them (e.g. close-up spell, replacing the sniper scope, works with other weapons also).
The story will be presented by numerous engine-powered cutscenes, and of course the immortal LOGs scattered all over the game world.
- RPG elements that allow the player character to develop
- Non-linear gameplay with lots of alternative paths, maps, quests and so on
- Usable vehicles
- Spell casting system that allows the player to learn magic from the Nali and use it in combat
- New models - weapons, monsters, and lots of new decorations
- Weather simulation system
- Support for music formats such as .mp3 and .ogg
- Realistic sound effects, such as footsteps and falling on various surfaces (sand, rock, wood etc.) and projectile/bullet hits
- Extended moving abilities: climbing onto ropes, chains or ladders
- S3 compressed textures for models and environment (resolutions supported: 512x512, 1024x1024 and 2048x2048)
- Rich and twisted storyline with lots of subquests
- Refreshed classic weapons from the original Unreal, completely new muzzle flashes, weapon upgrades can be added
- Upgradeable character skills (the maximum skill level depends on the skill type)
- Advanced particle system
- New HUD with four variations (Tiny, Small, Medium, Big)
- Usable computer panels
[UT]Point of View
link: Point of View demo
It's small mini-mod in which player is... a rabbit trying to escape from place where he'll finish as a dinner.
[UT]Battle for NaPali (on hold)
link: Battle For NaPali
Big singleplayer mod, intended to be true Unreal sequel. Currently on hold, so everyone can focus on Residual Decay. I'm responsible for particle emitter, projector, weather simulation, etc.
link: Residual Decay
Residual Decay is a large single player total conversion for UT'99. As second coder I'm responsible for helping UArchitec in his work on RD code, native functions and new renderer (implementation of post process effects/shaders).
Unreal 1 v. 227 (patch)
link: 227 Patch for Unreal 1
I wrote Particle Emitter, Beam Emitter, Weather Simulator, Projector (extended decals) and Key Trigger.
Particle system for UT'99 and Unreal 1. It's newer version is integrated with Unreal 227 patch.
[UT]RvMp3Player (no longer supported)
Mp3 and ogg player for UT'99.
Music player for Unreal Tournament, with full source code included in zip file (it's new, completely rewritten, version of RvMp3Player).
New D3D, D3D8 and OGL drivers with Distance Fog support (based on Chris Dohnal drivers).
link: Winamp controller
Simple Winamp front-end for UT. It allows you to control winamp function from UWindows. Supported functions:
- next/previous track
- volume up/down
- toggle repeat
- toggle shuffle
Just open Winamp control from mod menu. Sources (UScript and C++) are included in zip file.
Extensions for Unreal Engine 1 skeletal system. It adds possibility to return bone position/rotation.
link: Merge DXT
Simple GUI to standard ucc mergedxt commandlet. Can remember chosen directories and delete merged files before executing ucc mergedxt. Written in Delphi 7.0.
[UT/U1 (227)/Rune]UEngine Preprocessor Commandlet
Preprocessor in form of ucc commandlet. Much more advanced then previous one. As always source code included in the archive.
[UT/U1]UnrealEngine 1 PreProcessor (no longer supported)
Simple preprocessor for UnrealEngine 1 (based on UT3 PreProcessor).