The three virtues of a programmer: Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris. – Larry Wall
The K in KVehicle stands for Karma, and this class is controlled by some native Karma functions. The KVehicle extends Vehicle, which extends Pawn, and so gets a lot of stuff from Pawn, like Health.
See KVehicle (UT2003) for the UT2003 version of this class.
See SVehicle for the base class of vehicles used in UT2004.
- FilterFrames = 5
- The length of the CameraHistory array. (see Other Properties below)
- bool bAutoDrive
- If set to True, the steering is set to 1 and the Throttle to 0.4 when there is no driver
- class<Actor> DestroyEffectClass
- The class of the effect that is spawned when the vehicle is destroyed
- bool bHistoryWarmup
- The history isn't filled
- bool bVehicleIsFiring
- If is True then the driver wants to fire
- bool bVehicleIsAltFiring
- If is True then the driver wants to altfire
- vector CameraHistory[FilterFrames]
- Keeps track of the last few camera look-at positions in order to smooth them in SpecialCalcView.
- int NextHistorySlot
- The next slot that has to be filled with in the camera history
- Destroyed() (simulated)
- Vehicle is destroyed, remove attached stuff, create effect, set factory vehicle count -1 (if any)
- TakeDamage( int Damage, Pawn instigatedBy, vector hitlocation, vector momentum, class<DamageType> damageType )
- Only calls super class implementation.
- Tick( float deltaSeconds ) (simulated)
- Overridden with no code.
- bool SpecialCalcView( out Actor ViewActor, out vector CameraLocation, out rotator CameraRotation ) (simulated)
- When bSpecialCalcView is True, this function is called to set the position of the camera. Uses
CameraHistoryto smooth look-at position over a few frames.
- ClientKDriverEnter( PlayerController PC ) (simulated, replicated to client)
- Driver enters, called also on clients, mainly sets HUD
- ClientKDriverLeave( PlayerController PC ) (simulated, replicated to client)
- Driver leaves, called also on clients, mainly resets HUD
- KDriverEnter( Pawn P )
- Driver enters, sets the controller to the vehicle, and attaches the pawn to the car
- bool KDriverLeave( bool bForceLeave )
- Driver leaves, The driver exits at the 1st possible exit pos (not blocked) and the controller is attached to it.
- TryToDrive( Pawn P )
- Called when someone tries to get in
- GraphData( string DataName, float DataValue ) (native, final)
- "Useful function for plotting data to real-time graph on screen."
- KVehicleUpdateParams() (simulated)
- Used to update the vehicles Para on all the attached actors (like wheels)
- An event, called when a new state is received, implemented in subclass : (comment says in VehicleState, but KVehicle doesn't have a VehicleState (Given that this is an event called from native code, and the superclass of KVehicle has nativereplication, it seems likely that VehicleState is a native struct.))