There is no spoon
These are basically used for in-map scrolling messages. A good example are the scoreboards in DM-Morpheus in UT2004. This is done clientsidely and will thus require you to be in-game to see the effect.
The ScriptedTexture the messages are drawn on will contain the message in the specified color on black background. If you need a more complex look, try using a Combiner, Shader, FinalBlend or any of the other texture modifiers or a combination of them.
- bool bCaps
- Display the message in ALL-CAPS.
- Font Font
- The font used to draw the message.
- color FontColor
- The message's display color.
- ScriptedTexture MessageTexture
- The ScriptedTesture the message should be drawn on.
- string ScrollingMessage
- The scrolling text of the message. You can use any of the following message placeholders:
|%lp||leading player's name|
|%lf||leading player's score|
The placeholders "%p" and "%h" mentioned in a comment in the source code don't seem to actually work.
- string HerMessage (localized)
- The pronoun "his". This was intended to be used for the "%h" placeholder, but that isn't being recognized.
- string HisMessage (localized)
- The pronoun "her". This was intended to be used for the "%h" placeholder, but that isn't being recognized.
- string OldText
- Display string from last texture update.
All functions in this class are simulated functions.
- PostNetBeginPlay( )
- Sets this actor as the message texture's Client.
- RenderTexture(ScriptedTexture Tex)
- Renders the scrolling message.
- Timer( )
- Updates the message text and checks whether the message texture needs to be updated as well.
- string Replace(string Text, string Match, string Replacement)
- Replaces the first occurance of Match in Text with Replacement and returns the new string.
A good tutorial
There is a Tutorial by Fuegerstef on the UT Maniac Board, which I found very useful when trying to put a scrolling text in my map http://www.utmaniac.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=185&view=next#2012