My program doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.
Legacy:UnrealEd Main Menu
This is the reference page for the main menu bar in UnrealEd. For menus in other windows and context menus, see UnrealEd Menus.
None or fewer of these should need explaining.
- Open ...
- Save As...
- Import... see Data Import And Export
- Export... see Data Import And Export
- <recent files list>
- Search for Actors... – Opens the Actor Search window.
- Duplicate - be careful when duplicating brushes smaller than grid size. See Crashing UnrealEd
- Select None
- Select All Actors
- Select All Surfaces
- Select Surfaces – See Selecting Surfaces
- <all the browsers, same as on the Toolbar
- Actor properties – opens the Actor properties window
- Surface properties – opens the Surface properties window
- Level properties
- Advanced Options – Opens the UnrealEd Advanced Options window
- Viewports .....
- Background Image – Puts an image behind the viewports, not on the viewports.
- Brush Clip – see Brush Clipping
- Reset – Resets the selects properties of the current brush.
- Scale – Scale the selected brush.
- Add – Add the shape defined (described?) by the Red Builder Brush to the level.
- Subtract – Remove the shape defined (described?) by the Red Builder Brush from the level.
- Intersect – "Captures" the outside of an area of solid geometry enclosed by the red builder brush. See Intersect for more information.
- De-Insersect – "Captures" the inside of an area of solid geometry enclosed by the red builder brush.
- Add Mover – Adds a mover to the level. See Mover Topics for more information.
- Add Antiportal – Adds an Antiportal to a level.
- Add Zone Antiportal – DevEd only (Maybe adds an antiportal that occludes zones only - just a theory)
- Add Special – Can be used to add zone portals and special surfaces and bruishes to the level. See the Add Special page for more information.
- Open Brush – Allows a brush to be read from a file. See Data Import And Export for more information.
- Save Brush As – Saves the currently selected brush to a file. See Data Import And Export for more information.
- Import – Imports a brush. See Data Import And Export for more information.
- Export – Exports a brush. See Data Import And Export for more information.
- Batch Import – Imports a set of brushes in one go. See Data Import And Export for more information.
same as the toolbar
- 2D Shape Editor
- Scale Lights – Adds what you put in the box to the brightness value of selected lights, in value or %
- Replace Textures – see Texture Replacement Tool
The other options in this menu are greyed out. Post information on how to make them accessible here.
They've never been greyed for me, anyways since that's missing :
- Check map for error
- Scale Map
- Remove existing particles
- Rotate Actors (I don't really understand how to use that one)
- Review Paths
- Array – like the one in 3ds
- Particle Editor