I search for solutions in this order: Past Code, Unreal Source, Wiki, BUF, groups.yahoo, google, screaming at monitor. – RegularX
XPickupBase is the class used for the metal plate below the spawnpoint of weapons, health, powerups and other pickups.
Usually you don't use this class directly. Instead its subclasses such as xWeaponBase are used in the maps.
Warning: Adding this class usually crashes the UnrealEd that comes with the unpatched UT2003 v2107, i.e. UT2003 out of the box. Install the latest patch for UT2003 to prevent this.
- float ExtraPathCost
- Assigned to the inventory spot.
- class<Pickup> PowerUp
- Pickup class to spawn with this base.
- float SpawnHeight
- Height above this base at which the pickup will spawn.
- class<Emitter> SpiralEmitter
- Emitter which spawns particles when the pickup base is visible.
- Pickup myPickUp
- Reference to the pick up spawned with this base.
- Emitter myEmitter
- Reference to the emitter spawned with this base.
- InventorySpot myMarker
- Inventory spot marker associated with this pickup base.
Subclasses without link are exactly the same as xPickupBase except with changes to the default properties to give them different meshes and set their PowerUp variable to the appropriate class. Most likely they were added to make it easier on mappers.
xPickupBase +-HealthCharger | +-NewHealthCharger (UT2004 only) +-MultiPickupBase (custom) +-ShieldCharger +-SuperHealthCharger | +-NewSuperHealthCharger (UT2004 only) +-SuperShieldCharger]] +-UDamageCharger +-WildcardBase +-xWeaponBase +-xNewWeaponBase (UT2004 only)