Cogito, ergo sum
- 1 Constants
- 2 Properties
- 3 Enums
- 4 Structs
- 5 Functions
- 6 States
- Direct subclass:
- This class in other games:
- U2, UE2Runtime, UT2003, UT2004, UDK, UT3
|This is an auto-generated page and may need human attention.
Please remove the
Controller, the base class of players or AI.
Controllers are non-physical actors that can be attached to a pawn to control its actions. PlayerControllers are used by human players to control pawns, while AIControFllers implement the artificial intelligence for the pawns they control. Controllers take control of a pawn using their Possess() method, and relinquish control of the pawn by calling UnPossess().
Controllers receive notifications for many of the events occuring for the Pawn they are controlling. This gives the controller the opportunity to implement the behavior in response to this event, intercepting the event and superceding the Pawn's default behavior.
This is a built-in Unreal class and it shouldn't be modified.
Property group 'Controller'
- considered an enemy
- not considered a friend or enemy (but could go either way)
- considered a friend
- used for invalid situations (attitude to self, Pawn not set etc.)
- 0 used internally when still moving (hasn't timed out & hasn't reached destination & move still valid)
- 1 MoveTimer ran out before reaching destination
- 2 invalid call to MoveToXXX or invalid situation (tbd)
- 3 controller no longer has a pawn (tbd)
- 4 situation changed, e.g. fell past destination
- 5 MoveTarget destroyed/cleared (tbd)
- 6 reached given destination
- 7 reached given (final) destination
- 8 used internally
- 9 used internally
- 0 no path found
- 1 goal is visible from end anchor (last actor in RouteCache)
- 2 goal is reachable from end anchor (last actor in RouteCache)
- 3 goal is directly reachable from NPC's current location
- no reason given
- called for behavior reasons (e.g. firing burst over)
- NPC has no LOS to target/last seen position
- NPC doesn't have a shot from current location (e.g. no grenade trajectory, blocked)
- NPC facing away from target
- target is out of range
- target is no longer valid (e.g. dead)
- too long since target was last seen (e.g. stop firing at last seen position)
- rating for weapon is ineffective / dangerous
- reloading weapon
- changing weapon
See Controller functions.
Overrides: PawnDied (global)
Overrides: ServerReStartPlayer (global)
Ignores: BeginFalling, HearNoise, KilledBy, NotifyBump, NotifyHeadVolumeChange, NotifyHitWall, NotifyPhysicsVolumeChange, SeeAlertFriend, SeeEnemy, SeeFriend, SeeOther, ShotFiredNotification, TakeDamage
Overrides: Object.BeginState (global)