by Crusha K. Rool
- 1 VIPlayerEventGate
- 1.1 Properties
- 1.2 Enums
- 1.3 Structs
- 1.4 Functions
- 2 Author comments
This receives an incoming (Un)TriggerEvent and performs several checks about the Instigator of this Event. It will (un)trigger the next Event, depending on what the result of the check is.
Property group 'Events'
The optional event that is (un)triggered if the Instigator is in the BlackList.
The optional event that is (un)triggered if the Instigator is not in the WhiteList.
Property group 'VIPlayerEventGate'
Kill the Instigator immediately, if he's using a demo CD-key. Otherwise nothing happens, no Event will be triggered at all.
The normal event will not be called for players matching these criteria. Instead will the BlacklistEvent be called.
The Instigators with these criteria trigger the default Event.
The hash of the demo key.
Default value: "238c7dd4ec4a065e2314c1c8b4d41ca6"
What the result of the check can/must be to be valid.
All these criteria per array entry have to be valid at once.
- string PlayerName
- This string must be contained in the Instigator's name. Leaving this blank disables the criterium.
- bool bCheckExactName
- Instigator's name must be EXACTLY the one entered in the PlayerName-field. (Unless the field is blank)
- ECheckResult MustBeAdmin
- Player must be logged in with server admin rights.
- ECheckResult MustBeBot
- Player must be a bot.
- bool bVehicleCheck
- True to check whether the Instigator is in the RequiredVehicle, False to ignore this criteria.
- class<Vehicle> RequiredVehicle
- The Instigator must be in this vehicle. None = must go by foot ; Vehicle = can be any vehicle.
- string PlayerID
- Instigator needs to have this exact sequence of characters somewhere in his hash ID. The longer the sequence, the less the chance of a false-positive, but you should never ever put your full ID there. It's really hard if not nearly impossible to bruteforce the MD5 hash back into the original key but who knows what people do when they have too much time and bad intentions.
- int MinimumRequiredScore
- Instigator needs to have at least this much points. Enter a very low value to let everyone pass this check. ;)
- int TeamIndex
- Instigator needs to be in this specific team. 0= red, 1= blue, 255= disable check
Let's call the check.
Let's call the Check.
Other instance functions
Run all the criteria checks on the Instigator.
This actor is supposed to allow authorized personnel like Admins, clan members or the mapper himself to cause certain Events in the map, what can become pretty handy in conjunction with other actors of my tool set.
However, this actor is basically also a way to let the mapper do certain things to certain players which might not be fair, for example healing one kind of players and keeping the other kind of players from using a certain door, etc.
There are many ways how such a thing can be abused, but I follow the rule that I just offer you the tools and it's about you what you do with them. Keep in mind that players won't play your map if they feel like you give certain players advantages over the others and there is nothing they can do about it. No Admin will put such a map up in which you abuse this tool, unless he can bear to become a pretty empty server quickly.
I also added the restriction to distinguish players with the demo CD-key. Ok, killing them might be too hard, that's why I integrated it optionally, but I somehow found that it would be fair that those who paid for the game has the right to play it in it's full spectrum while the other guys have exceeded their testing time and shouldn't get all the features. Seriously, just buy the game if you haven't done yet.