The three virtues of a programmer: Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris. – Larry Wall
This class is part of the EnhancedItems package by Wormbo.
- bool bDestroyMe
- Specifies whether this effect is currently being destroyed after calling the DestroyMe() function. "Destroying" an EIEffect in this way needn't be the same as "Destroy()ing" it.
- Legacy:EnhancedItems/EIDeathMessageMutator EIDMM
- The EIDeathMessageMutator is spawned by Legacy:EnhancedItems/EnhancedWeapons to make the EnhancedItems death messages work. You will have to spawn it yourself if your mod doesn't contain any Legacy:EnhancedItems/EnhancedWeapons and no other mod spawned it yet.
- DestroyMe( )
- Starts destroying the effect. This may not have the same effect as calling Destroy(). Especially the Legacy:EnhancedItems/PlayerShellEffect subclass uses this function to start fading out the effect.
- RestoreKillType( )
- Reverts the effect of SetKillType(). Call this exactly as often as SetKillType() after doing damage or directly killing players.
- SetKillType(bool bSplashHit, bool bHeadHit, class<Actor (UT)> DamageProjectileClass)
- Prepares the specified Legacy:EnhancedItems/EnhancedWeapon or Legacy:EnhancedItems/EnhancedProjectile class' death messages to be used when a player is killed. Call this function before you damage or kill a player and revert its effect after you're done.
Some Direct Subclasses in EnhancedItems-based Mods
You are invited to explore the EnhancedItems-based mods' source code to see how these classes make use of the EIEffects features.
- BSLightningBolt – a section of the lightning beam emitted by an exploding Black Shark missile in Rockets UT
- EIShockwave – the Redeemer shockwave in the Enhanced Items Mod
- RedeemerExplosion – the explosion flare in the center of the Redeemer explosion in Rockets UT and Redeemer 2k3 (this one does the damage)