The three virtues of a programmer: Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris. – Larry Wall
This is the main topic for Monster Support. Monsters are defined as Non-Player Characters whose sole purpose is to hunt down and attack player enemies.
In UT, ScriptedPawns handled the AI for NPCs, including Monsters. In UT200x, this scheme was replaced with the coordination of a Pawn class and a Controller (ScriptedController) class. In UT2004, Monsters (available in the Invasion gametype) are implemented with a Monster subclass and a MonsterController.
- Basic ScriptedPawn Tutorial – A tutorial that sets up a UT NPC (Monster) via ScriptedPawn.
- A UT2004 Monster Tutorial – A tutorial to implement UT2004 Monsters for any gametype.
- Artificial Intelligence – Super topic on all AI (bots, NPCs, etc)
- ScriptedPawns (Unreal Monster parent class)
- Creating and using ScriptedActions
- A complete list of ScriptedActions.
- Monster (UT2004 Monster Pawn parent class)
- MonsterController (UT2004 Controller class for Monsters)
- Old Skool Monsta Toolz – A mod/mapping toolset for implementing complex monster behavior in UT2004.
SuperApe: Reworked. What do you think?
Category:Legacy To Do – Lots of work to do. (see discussion above)