I search for solutions in this order: Past Code, Unreal Source, Wiki, BUF, groups.yahoo, google, screaming at monitor. – RegularX
UE3:Actor instance functions (UT3)
From Unreal Wiki, The Unreal Engine Documentation Site
- Actor instance functions in other games:
- U2, U2XMP, UDK, UT2004
- Other member categories for this class:
- events, internal variables, native functions, structs
|This is an auto-generated page and may need human attention.
Please remove the
 Instance functions
Iterates through the given list of events and looks for all matching events, activating them as found.
- true if an event was found and activated
Calculate camera view point, when viewing this actor.
- fDeltaTime - delta time seconds since last update
- out_CamLoc - Camera Location
- out_CamRot - Camera Rotation
- out_FOV - Field of View
- true if Actor should provide the camera point of view.
Make sure we pass along a valid HitInfo struct for damage. The main reason behind this is that SkeletalMeshes do require a BoneName to receive and process an impulse... So if we don't have access to it (through touch() or for any non trace damage results), we need to perform an extra trace call().
- HitInfo - initial structure to check
- FallBackComponent - PrimitiveComponent to use if HitInfo.HitComponent is none
- Dir - Direction to use if a Trace needs to be performed to find BoneName on skeletalmesh. Trace from HitLocation.
- out_HitLocation - HitLocation to use for potential Trace, will get updated by Trace.
Clears all latent actions of the specified class.
- actionClass - type of latent action to clear
- bAborted - was this latent action aborted?
- exceptionAction - action to skip
Debug Freeze Game dumps the current script function stack and pauses the game with PlayersOnly (still allowing the player to move around).
list important Actor variables on canvas. HUD will call DisplayDebug() on the current ViewTarget when the ShowDebug exec is used
- HUD - HUD with canvas to draw on
- out_YL - Height of the current font
- out_YPos - Y position on Canvas. out_YPos += out_YL, gives position to draw text for next debug line.
Performs actual attachment. Can be subclassed for class specific behaviors.
Searches for actors of the specified class.
Builds a list of all events of the specified class.
- eventClass - type of event to search for
- out_EventList - list of found events
- true if any events were found
Used by PlayerController.FindGoodView() in RoundEnded State
forces this actor to be net relevant if it is not already by default, only works on level placed actors (bNoDelete)
the reverse of TakeDamage(); heals the specified amount
- Amount - The amount of damage to heal
- Healer - Who is doing the healing
- DamageType - What type of healing is it
Returns TRUE if Actor is playing a FaceFX anim. Implement in sub-class.
Attach an actor to another one. Kismet action.
Called upon receiving a SeqAct_CauseDamage action, calls TakeDamage() with the given parameters.
- Action - damage action that was activated
Handler for collision action, allow designer to toggle collide/block actors
If this actor is not already scheduled for destruction, destroy it now.
Called upon receiving a SeqAct_HealDamage action, calls HealDamage() with the given parameters.
- Action - heal action that was activated
Force this actor to make a noise that the AI may hear
Handler for the SeqAct_SetBlockRigidBody action. Allows level designer to toggle the rigid-body blocking flag on an Actor, and will handle updating the physics engine etc.
Handler for the SeqAct_SetPhysics action, allowing designer to change the Physics mode of an Actor.
Called upon receiving a SeqAct_Teleport action. Grabs the first destination available and attempts to teleport this actor.
- Action - teleport action that was activated
Handler for SeqAct_ToggleHidden, just sets bHidden.
implemented by pickup type Actors to do things following a successful pickup
- P - the Pawn that picked us up
Todo: remove this and fix up the DenyPickupQuery() calls that use this
Take Radius Damage by default scales damage based on distance from HurtOrigin to Actor's location. This can be overridden by the actor receiving the damage for special conditions (see KAsset.uc). This then calls TakeDamage() to go through the same damage pipeline.
- InstigatedBy - instigator of the damage
- Base - Damage
- Damage - Radius (from Origin)
- DamageType - class
- Momentum - float)
- HurtOrigin - origin of the damage radius.
- bFullDamage - if true, damage not scaled based on distance HurtOrigin
- DamageCauser - the Actor that directly caused the damage (i.e. the Projectile that exploded, the Weapon that fired, etc)
Retrieves difference between world time and given time
Convenience function for triggering events in the GeneratedEvents list If you need more options (activating multiple outputs, etc), call ActivateEventClass() directly
Called when being activated by the specified pawn. Default implementation searches for any SeqEvent_Used and activates them.
- true to indicate this actor was activated